Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Old Orchard Beach - part 2
Sunday morning turned out to be cooler and cloudier than Saturday. After breakfast at the hotel, Daniel and I drove down to Old Orchard Beach to enjoy our morning by the ocean before heading home. We spent a little time visiting some of the local shops as we made our way to the beach, sampling fudge in a candy store and picking out a magnet for a suvenier of our trip. On the sandy beach we spread our blanket and enjoyed the sights and sounds of the ocean. Daniel and I spent the time writing in a journal, recording the events of our first anniversary trip, listing the memorable events of the past year, and looking to the coming year and what it may bring. The drive home went much faster than the drive up, since we left Old Orchard Beach around noon. We stopped in Wells at Wonder Mountain to play a round of miniature golf. It was a beautiful course with waterfalls, ponds, and wildflowers. We had a great time and I beat Daniel by one point! It was a very close game. Daniel and I finished our First Anniversary weekend with dinner at Bob Lobster for a wonderful seafood meal. We sat outside on a picnic table overlooking the Merrimack River. Daniel had fish and chips and I had lobster. After dinner we returned home and finished writing about our day in the journal. It was a fantastic, relaxing weekend celebrating our first anniversary. I am very blessed to have Daniel in my life. This past year has been wonderful and I look forward to what the future holds for us.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment