Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rockport

Since Veteran's Day is a Federal Holiday, Daniel had the day off today. We chose Rockport as our destination for the day. It is a great little New England village on Cape Ann. We parked on the edge of the historical district and walked down to the waterfront. On Bearskin Neck we found "Motif No. 1", the most painted building in the world. From there we wandered through the narrow streets, visiting shops and taking pictures. We ate lunch at the Red Skiff Restaurant, which is a tiny little place near the water. They had great fish and chips! Daniel and I also decided to check out Halibut Point State Park, just north of Rockport. There are many little walking paths that lead to the ocean. We found an old granite quarry and a renovated World War II fire-control tower, which unfortunately was closed today. Daniel and I agreed that we must return to the park in warmer weather to do more exploring. Rockport is also a do-over!







1 comment:

  1. Tudy and I ate at the Red Skiff! It is so tiny, but you're right... great food! :)

    ReplyDelete