Wednesday, March 10, 2010
One Year Ago...
Today marks one year that Daniel and I have lived in Beverly. A year ago today, we arrived on the north shore of Boston from Minnesota, unsure of what our future here would hold. I can definitely say that this has been an adventure filled year. I never would have imagined that I would move across the country from family and friends. This past year was more challenging for me than for Daniel. He started his new job right away and was busy learning his role and meeting new people. I, on the other hand, was jobless and didn't really have a chance to meet anyone. It was hard to be home all day without much to do. Daniel enjoyed all the home cooked meals and baking, though! Thankfully we found a great church and joined a fantastic young couples small group. It was a lifesaver for me as it gave me the chance to make new friends. I began doing child care for the MOPs group that meets at our church and recently began subbing at Beacon Christian Academy. It has taken a while, but Beverly is becoming more and more like home. I definitely understand now when people say it takes a year to really get settled in a new environment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for sharing :) I'm glad it's feeling more like home there now.
ReplyDelete