The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. We welcomed Daniel's parents for a visit, closed on our house, and moved, all within a couple of days. It was wonderful to have Daniel's mom and dad here to help us with the move and with projects around the house. We've begun to make our house a home and have added some personal touches. This past week we had new light fixtures installed in the kitchen and bathroom as well as adding electrical outlets in both rooms. We also had our new washer and dryer installed. I've never been more excited to do laundry! We have lots of ideas and plans for now and in the future, including some landscaping and a bathroom remodel. Thankfully the house is in great condition and we don't have very much work that needs to be done right away.
We began thinking about buying a house in the Beverly area this past winter while I was dealing with health issues related to an allergic reaction during construction work that was being done on the house we were renting. We found out I'm allergic to horsehair plaster, which is used in old houses. I had a severe reaction to the dust and couldn't live in the house for almost a month. Once I was back home, I had to take allergy meds to reduce the reaction I continued to have. Daniel and I began to wonder, since we plan to stay here long term, if we could buy a house now. When we inquired with a realtor from our church, and mortgage broker, also from church, we found that it was a possibility! So we began the search. We looked at 15-20 houses and had accepted offers on two different ones (both of which failed inspections) before we found our house, which is perfect in size and location (just a block from the train station).
We'd like to share some pictures of our new house with you. These were taken during the walk through before we closed. As we hang pictures on the walls and decorate, we'll post more photos. For now, we'd like to give you a glimpse of what our house looks like!
We began thinking about buying a house in the Beverly area this past winter while I was dealing with health issues related to an allergic reaction during construction work that was being done on the house we were renting. We found out I'm allergic to horsehair plaster, which is used in old houses. I had a severe reaction to the dust and couldn't live in the house for almost a month. Once I was back home, I had to take allergy meds to reduce the reaction I continued to have. Daniel and I began to wonder, since we plan to stay here long term, if we could buy a house now. When we inquired with a realtor from our church, and mortgage broker, also from church, we found that it was a possibility! So we began the search. We looked at 15-20 houses and had accepted offers on two different ones (both of which failed inspections) before we found our house, which is perfect in size and location (just a block from the train station).
We'd like to share some pictures of our new house with you. These were taken during the walk through before we closed. As we hang pictures on the walls and decorate, we'll post more photos. For now, we'd like to give you a glimpse of what our house looks like!
Front entry
Living room
Living room looking into dining area
Dining area
Kitchen pantry
Master bedroom
Guest bedroom
3rd bedroom - office
Looks great! It will be fun to see more pictures as you settle in.
ReplyDeletelove, Kristen