Thursday, April 29, 2010
Good-bye Computer
My computer died on me the other night. I had been doing some things online when it started to feel hot on my lap. I closed what I was doing and set it aside to cool, but soon noticed it was smelling funny. I quickly turned the computer off and Daniel went to unplug it from the power. The funny smell turned out to be the plug melting inside! The rubber around the plug began to melt and it wouldn't come out of the computer. When Daniel finally got it out, the tip of the plug broke off. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to fix my computer. It was, however, five years old. The guy at Best Buy told me he'd never seen anything like it. So, it's officially dead and for now we're using Mom and Dad K's old computer they gave to us. Thanks, also, Aunt Karen for bringing it out to us earlier this year! It works just fine and I can still use the internet. And thankfully we have an external hard drive and backed everything up on my computer a couple of months ago. I've lost a few photos, but nothing like what it would have been like if we hadn't done the backup. I could have lost hundreds of files and photos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment