Friday, March 5, 2010
Back in the Classroom
As Daniel and I settled in almost a year ago in Beverly, I began researching how to transfer my Minnesota teaching license to Massachusetts. What I found was discouraging. Massachusetts doesn't have reciprocity with Minnesota, which means my Minnesota license is not recognized in the state of Massachusetts. I would have to start all over to earn a teaching license here. In September I found out I can still teach in the state if it's in a private school. I also don't need a license to sub in public and private schools. In November I interviewed with the headmaster of Beacon Christian Academy in Beverly to get on their subbing list. I was added to the list and began the long process of waiting for a call. About a week and a half ago I got my first call! I subbed in the first grade class last Friday. As I was about to leave at the end of the day, I was asked to come back on Tuesday for half a day in first grade again and also sub on Wednesday in the fifth grade class. Today I got a call to sub next week for three days! It's been a long time coming, but I'm grateful to finally be back in the classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
awesome!
ReplyDeleteHey that is great! Back in the classroom...kinda like riding a bicycle, right?!
ReplyDelete